Sacramento Wrongful Death Lawyer
If you suffered the untimely death of a loved one due to another person’s or entity’s negligence, contact the Sacramento wrongful death attorneys at Rosenthal Law. Family members who lose loved ones may sometimes obtain compensation and justice for their loss through a wrongful death lawsuit.
At Rosenthal Law, our wrongful death lawyers are profoundly compassionate and have more than 25 years of legal experience to offer clients. We operate our law firm with integrity and want to provide families with a sense of closure and any financial resources they need to move forward with their lives.
At Rosenthal Law we provide our clients:
- Personalized service
- Answers to any questions regarding a family’s legal rights
- Regular communication and wrongful death case status updates
We offer a free consultation and do not charge any upfront legal fees. Contact Rosenthal Law today to learn more about your potential wrongful death claim. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you.
What Can a Sacramento Wrongful Death Attorney Do for Me?
At Rosenthal Law, we know it is challenging to manage grief while pursuing a legal claim. It is our goal to take the burdens associated with a legal claim from you. The Sacramento wrongful death lawyers at Rosenthal Law will handle your legal claim from start to finish and keep you informed every step of the way.
Allow Rosenthal Law to:
- Manage all insurance company communications
- Contact bill collectors and inform them of when to expect payment
- Investigate your loved one’s death and collect evidence
- Identify all possible sources of compensation
- Calculate the full present and future costs and losses as a result of your loved one’s death
- Aggressively negotiate with insurance companies to obtain a fair and just settlement
- Take your wrongful death case to court if the insurance company refuses to pay sufficient compensation
Our wrongful death attorneys are dedicated and determined to any responsible party(s) accountable for the harm they caused you and your family. At Rosenthal Law, we want to place you and your family in the best situation possible. Contact our personal injury lawyers today as there are time limits to file wrongful death lawsuits.
What is a Wrongful Death Claim?
A wrongful death occurs when a person dies due to someone else’s negligence or wrongful actions. Specific surviving family members are eligible to seek compensation for their loved one’s medical and funeral expenses, as well as other economic and noneconomic losses that family members suffered due to their loved one’s death.
Some common accidents that result in wrongful death claims are the following:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Slip and fall injuries
- Medical malpractice accidents
- Construction or workplace accidents
- Defective products
- Firearm accidents
- Intentional acts of violence
Only certain people are allowed to bring a wrongful death claim in California. They are the following parties:
- The deceased person’s surviving spouse
- The deceased person’s domestic partner
- The deceased person’s surviving children
If none of the above are living, then a claim is available to anyone “who would be entitled to the property of the decedent by intestate succession,” such as the deceased person’s parents or siblings. There are other people potentially eligible for a claim not included in this summary.
What Compensation is Available in a Wrongful Death Claim?
The amount of compensation available in a wrongful death claim in California depends on the facts of an individual case. However, the types of damages do not vary. Damages are divided between compensation for monetary losses and compensation for personal losses.
Compensation for monetary losses are associated with the death and are meant to compensate the estate. They have fixed dollar amounts and may include:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical expenses and hospital bills for the deceased
- Lost income and income potential for the deceased
Compensation for personal losses are tailored to the surviving family members and may include:
- The value of household services
- Loss of love
- Loss of companionship
Punitive damages may also be recovered in a wrongful death lawsuit in the state of California.
Contact a Sacramento Wrongful Death Attorney Today
To learn more about wrongful death claims and if you are eligible to file one, contact Rosenthal Law. Our wrongful death lawyers in Sacramento believe every individual who suffers human loss due to the wrongful act of another deserves to be held accountable.
Our Sacramento law firm proudly serves the Sacramento area and may be able to help you recover compensation for the loss of a loved one through a wrongful death suit.
“David Rosenthal will really be on your side, be compassionate, and loyal to you and your case. Thank you so much to David Rosenthal and to his dedicated team.” – Rachel