Sacramento Negligent Security Attorney
Property owners have a responsibility to ensure a safe environment for all lawful visitors. This includes taking the necessary measures to ensure their safety at all times. When that responsibility is not met, it places innocent people at risk of serious injury. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident that could have been prevented if the property owner had implemented better security measures, you should contact a Sacramento negligent security lawyer immediately.
At Rosenthal Law, we represent clients throughout the Sacramento area who are suffering because of a property owner’s negligence. We know your rights and we know how to protect them. You can rely on us to hold the property owner accountable and diligently pursue the full measure of compensation available for your case.
The attorneys at Rosenthal Law are:
- Experienced and knowledgeable in negligent security claims
- Committed to holding negligent property owners responsible for preventable injuries
- Dedicated to serving our clients with integrity from the beginning to the end of their injury claim
We offer a free case review with a managing attorney and never charge upfront fees. Contact Rosenthal Law today. It is vital to pursue property owners to prevent similar incidents in the future.
How a Sacramento Negligent Security Attorney Can Help
Negligent security cases are complicated. To prove a negligent security case, a victim must prove a property owner had a duty to provide adequate security to the victim and was negligent in doing so. The Sacramento negligent security attorneys at Rosenthal Law gather the evidence needed to build a strong negligence case by:
- Investigating the property and location of the crime
- Examining any form of security the owner had in place
- Interviewing security guards on the property
- Interviewing any witnesses
- Obtaining information on any previous crimes committed in the area and on the property
- Consult with security experts for supporting evidence
- Handle all settlement negotiations
- Take your case to trial if necessary
Talk to the negligent security attorneys at Rosenthal Law today. We look forward to presenting your legal options and mapping out a plan for your recovery. Never settle your negligent security case without learning its real value from an experienced attorney.
Types of Negligent Security Cases
Patrons of businesses are responsible for being aware of their surroundings, and so are businesses themselves. If a business is in an area known for crime but does not take responsible security precautions, they can face liability for the victimization of their patrons.
Negligent security sometimes results in the following:
- ATM robberies
- Parking lot muggings
- Hotel room assaults
- Apartment complex assaults
- Gas station pump robberies
- College campus rapes
Businesses owe patrons a duty to provide a reasonable amount of security.
Foreseeability of an Attack
An attack is foreseeable if an ordinarily cautious person expected it to occur or exist under the circumstances. If a court decides an attack is foreseeable, then a business owner had a duty to use reasonable measures to protect patrons from attacks.
Reasonable security measures may include:
- Hiring a security service
- Installing a security system
- Monitoring security cameras for threats
- Using a buzzer and intercom system
- Installing panic buttons at ATMs
The court also uses a balancing test in determining what security measures a business owner needs to take to protect their patrons. The balancing test weighs the likelihood of an attack and the potential for harm against the burden imposed on the business owner to prevent the attack. If the burden on the business owner is low, the court will find the business owner needed to employ a security measure to protect their patrons.
Business Owner Defenses to Negligent Security Claims
There are some defenses available to business owners facing negligent security claims. Some of the more common defenses are the following:
- The business owner owed no duty to the injured person
- The business owner provided adequate security regardless of the attack
- The patron was partially or wholly responsible for the attack
- There were no security measures available to prevent the particular type of attack
At Rosenthal Law, we are happy to explain the intricacies that surround negligent security law. Contact us to schedule your free case review and find out if you have a valid claim. There are time limits to file a negligent security claim, so call today.
Ready to Help with Any Negligent Security Claim
Property owners are quick to blame visitors for their own negligence in order to avoid responsibility for claims involving issues such as robberies, sexual assaults, and the failure to properly secure a restricted part of the property. Our knowledge of the law and of property owners’ obligations allows us to present a compelling case that it was the property owner’s lack of security that led to your injuries.
Our Sacramento premises liability attorneys are prepared to represent you in negligent security claims involving any type of property, including:
- Shopping malls
- Office buildings
- Apartment buildings
- Sports arenas
- Amusement parks
- Public pools
Contact a Sacramento Negligent Security Attorney Today
Do not wait to contact a lawyer if you have been injured due to negligent security. Our attorneys offer a free initial consultation in every case where you can get your questions answered without obligation. You can reach us by phone at (916) 774-7200 or submit an online request for an appointment.