Sacramento Brain Injury Attorney
If another person’s negligence caused you or a loved one to suffer a serious brain injury, the legal team at Rosenthal Law wants to speak with you. Our Sacramento brain injury attorneys provide compassionate, professional legal services that include:
- Listening to you
- Working hard for you
- Fighting for you
- Caring for you
At Rosenthal Law, we never charge for consultations. There are no upfront fees if our law firm represents you. We believe in aggressively pursuing compensation for our clients and helping them move forward with their lives. Contact Rosenthal Law today to schedule your free case review with a brain injury lawyer, and let our more than 25 years of legal experience work for you.
How a Sacramento Brain Injury Attorney Can Help
In most cases, an experienced personal injury attorney significantly improves your chances of recovering the compensation you need after a severe brain injury. The brain injury attorneys at Rosenthal Law can provide you with the following services:
- Conducting a thorough investigation into the cause of your personal injury
- Gathering evidence on your behalf
- Compiling medical data to demonstrate the extent of your injury
- Employing expert witnesses who can testify on your behalf
- Filing timely legal claims on your behalf
- Determining the amount of your damages
- Negotiating a fair settlement amount
- If necessary, take your case to court
Our Sacramento brain injury lawyers are advocates for your rights throughout the legal process. At Rosenthal Law, we can answer your legal questions and help you explore all types of compensation available to you and your family.
Types of Brain Injury
There are two types of brain injuries, acquired and traumatic. Acquired brain injuries are the result of medical malpractice or conditions such as stroke, infection, or cerebral palsy. An external force or head trauma causes traumatic brain injuries.
A brain injury is considered mild, moderate, or severe. A mild traumatic brain injury involves an impact to the head where the skull is left intact. A severe traumatic brain injury leaves the skull open or fractured upon impact.
- A mild brain injury includes a concussion with little or no time spent unconsciousness
- A moderate brain injury may consist of up to 24 hours spent in an unconsciousness state
- A severe brain injury may involve 24 hours or more of unconsciousness, and residual effects upon regaining consciousness
Causes of Brain Injury
Common causes of traumatic brain injury include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Falling objects
- Pedestrian accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Sports accidents
- Bike accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
A head injury can affect a victim’s ability to walk, talk, and manage simple daily tasks. The location and extent of a brain injury could permanently impact a victim’s motor functions, senses, cognitive abilities, memory, emotional disposition, and psychological state.
Compensation After a Brain Injury
With brain injury comes the likelihood of extensive loss of income, significant medical expenses, the progression of brain injury, and the need for ongoing care. Therefore, the damages pursued on behalf of brain injury victims and their loved ones often include the following:
- Medical bills including acute medical treatment, continuous physical and occupational therapy, medical equipment, medications, and home medical care
- Lost wages and loss of income
- Pain and suffering such as physical and emotional trauma, psychological counseling, the loss of enjoyment of life, reduced capacity, and loss of companionship
- Property damage if there was an accident
- Punitive damages, if applicable
- Funeral costs if the injury led to death
If a brain injury led to the death of a loved one, you may also explore filing a wrongful death claim with the help of a wrongful death lawyer in Sacramento.
Contact Our Sacramento Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Today
Brain injury cases are complicated, and determining the amount of compensation needed to sustain a victim for a lifelong injury takes experience, skill, and expertise. At Rosenthal Law, our law firm has a track record of success in complex liability and complex personal injury cases. Meet with a Sacramento brain injury lawyer for free to discuss your rights and terms.