Sacramento Product Liability Lawyer
If you or a loved one were seriously injured or killed by a dangerous product, the Sacramento product liability attorneys at Rosenthal Law can offer you helpful legal advice regarding any recovery you are entitled to receive. Often dangerous products pose a serious hazard to thousands of consumers at a time, and you or your loved one was not the only injured party.
At Rosenthal Law, our product liability attorneys are:
- Determined to hold big companies responsible for defective products they put on the market
- Educated and experienced in product liability law
- Hard-working litigators who fight hard to make sure you receive proper compensation for any injuries you suffer
Speak with our law firm for free to discuss your legal rights and terms of representation. If you are in the hospital, we can send a Sacramento product liability lawyer to meet with you. At Rosenthal Law, our personal injury lawyers believe in representation with integrity and compassion. We will fight to recover damages so you can rebuild your life.
What Can a Sacramento Product Liability Attorney Do for Me?
Product liability cases are complex and challenging to prove. They involve large companies with teams of aggressive insurance adjusters protecting their bottom lines. Therefore you must have an experienced product liability attorney on your side.
The product liability attorneys at Rosenthal Law will:
- Obtain statements any witnesses to your injury
- Collect any physical evidence related to your injury
- Analyze your medical records to determine the full extent and costs of your injury
- Document and calculate your other losses, including property damage, loss of wages, and pain and suffering
- Help you with needed medical, counseling, and other referrals
- Compile evidence from recall notices as well as existing independent studies about the defective product and any previous injuries linked to it
- File product liability lawsuits to demand compensation from every liable party
- Negotiate a full and fair settlement or take your personal injury case to trial
We will update you as your case progresses and maintain the highest level of representation possible in your case from start to finish. We want to remove as much of the legal burden from you as possible, allowing you to focus on your physical recovery.
If you lost a loved one due to a defective product, speak with a wrongful death lawyer during a free consult. Call Rosenthal Law today and schedule your no-obligation case review with a product liability lawyer in Sacramento.
What is Product Liability?
A product liability lawsuit results when a consumer product injures someone using it for its intended purpose. Misuse of a product that leads to an injury is not grounds for a product liability lawsuit.
When large numbers of consumers suffer serious injuries due to a product, manufacturers sometimes need to recall a product. To benefit from a product liability claim, the following needs to apply:
- A product is used for its intended purpose
- This use caused an injury
- The injury resulted in significant harm
- The product is unaltered between the time of purchase and use
Common Product Liability Lawsuits
Many consumer products are already on safety recall lists or are involved in defective product lawsuits.
Common product liability lawsuits include:
- Automotive acceleration systems, airbags, brakes, fuel tanks, ignition systems, seat belts, and steering devices
- Children’s beds, car seats, crayons, cribs, nursery products, pajamas, strollers, toys, and toy chests
- Construction ladders, scaffolding, power tools, asbestos-containing materials, stucco siding, stairways, and decks
- Household stoves, ranges, ovens, furniture, carpet, lamps, fire alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, lawnmowers, ladders, power tools, grills, and space heaters
- Artificial hips, knee implants, surgical or transvaginal mesh
- Defective medical devices such as shoulder pain pumps
- Pharmaceutical drugs
- Birth control devices
- Sports and recreation products
Types of Product Liability
There are three different types of product liability. These are a failure to warn, a product defect, and a manufacturing defect. It is possible to fall under more than one category.
- A failure to warn occurs when a manufacturer does not provide instructions for the safe use of their product
- A product defect means a product’s design is flawed or inherently dangerous
- A manufacturing defect happens when a product’s design is safe, but the product is built with defects
Contact a Sacramento Product Liability Lawyer Today
If you believe you qualify for a product liability claim, contact Rosenthal Law today. There is a time limit to file a lawsuit in Sacramento county. Speak with our product liability attorneys to learn more about your injury claim and possible financial compensation in California during a free consultation. Our law firm in northern California can help with your defective product claim.