Sacramento Texting and Driving Accident Attorney
If a texting driver injures you or a loved one, call the Sacramento texting and driving accident attorneys at Rosenthal Law. We will help protect your rights and put a legal plan in place. Car accidents are traumatizing and complicated, and there is no reason to handle the legal processes on your own.
The cellphone and texting accident attorneys at Rosenthal Law are:
- Knowledgeable in cellphone accident law
- Experienced in representing clients in personal injury lawsuits
- Aggressive litigators of cellphone and texting accident claims
Our goal is to help you get the compensation you deserve for your cellphone and texting accident claim. Call Rosenthal Law today and get started. We do not charge any fees unless we win your case.
How a Texting and Driving Accident Attorney Can Help
If you are overwhelmed and struggling to recover from serious injuries caused by a cellphone and texting accident, the attorneys at Rosenthal Law are strong advocates to see you through the legal process of pursuing financial recovery.
At Rosenthal Law, our Sacramento car accident attorneys may do the following:
- Conduct an independent investigation to determine whether texting while driving was a contributing factor to your accident
- Take any necessary steps to preserve relevant text messages or emails
- Identify all potentially liable parties
- Negotiate with the insurance company(s) on your behalf for a fair settlement
- If necessary, file a civil lawsuit to hold a distracted driver financially accountable for your injuries
The attorneys at Rosenthal Law pride themselves on serving clients with compassion and respect. We have a successful track record in all areas of settlement and litigation. Call Rosenthal Law today and schedule your free consultation with a managing attorney.
California Texting and Driving Laws
Many states, including California, ban the use of cellphones while driving. In California, no drivers can use handheld wireless phones or cellphones. Drivers under the age of 18 cannot use handheld wireless phones, cellphones, and hands-free devices.
Drivers over 18 years of age are allowed to use hands-free phones and Bluetooth devices while driving as long as they do not cover both ears. Drivers over 18 years of age are also allowed to use the speakerphone function of a cellphone.
Exceptions to the Law
Exceptions apply to the total cellphone ban for users making the following calls:
- To a law enforcement agency, medical provider, fire department, or other emergency service agency
- In the operation of authorized emergency vehicles
- In the operation of vehicles on private property
California carries increasing fines for each violation of the cellphone use law. A police officer can stop and ticket a driver for a cellphone violation alone.
There are exceptions to the texting while driving law as well, including:
- Emergency services professionals while operating an authorized emergency vehicle
- Turning a mounted GPS on or off with a “one swipe” option
- Using a manufacturer-installed system within the vehicle
There are increasing fines for each violation of the texting law.
Compensation After a Texting and Driving Accident
Cellphone use is one of the most dangerous driver behaviors. It takes a driver’s eyes, mind, and hands off the road. According to estimates, cellphone use increases the risk of a motor vehicle accident by nearly three times. Cellphone and texting accidents are preventable, making the resulting injuries even more devastating.
Compensation for cellphone and texting accidents depends on the seriousness of any injuries and extent of losses sustained by the victim. Generally, there is compensation for both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages have fixed dollar amounts and often include:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Loss of future income
Non-economic damages are harder to quantify and may consist of:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional trauma
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Whether you were directly involved in a cellphone and texting accident or you are the family member of a victim, these accidents may cause lifelong struggles. At Rosenthal Law, we are ready to use our experience and knowledge to help you through the aftermath. Never settle for less you deserve; call Rosenthal Law today.