Roseville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcyclists should never have to worry about whether they will recover compensation if another driver causes them harm. Unfortunately, insurance carriers are notoriously difficult to deal with after a collision, but Rosenthal Law is here to help. Our Roseville motorcycle accident lawyers have the resources to handle every aspect of your claim, and we will take your case to trial if necessary to ensure you are treated fairly.
Why Choose Rosenthal Law for Your Motorcycle Accident Claim?
- At Rosenthal Law, our Roseville personal injury lawyers have been fighting to help clients recover compensation for more than 25 years, and we know what it takes to stand up to at-fault parties and their legal teams.
- Our clients never pay a legal fee until after we successfully recover compensation on their behalf. No upfront costs and no payment if we do not win the case.
- We keep an open line of communication with every client that we help. This means that you will have the ability to ask us any questions about your case at any time.
Common Causes of Roseville Motorcycle Accidents
There are more than 850,000 total active motorcycle registrations in California, according to information available from the state Office of Traffic Safety. Unfortunately, the data also shows that more than 11,400 motorcyclists sustained injuries as a result of traffic collisions in 2022, the latest reporting year of data available.
Motorcycle accidents can occur due to a wide variety of reasons, often as a result of the negligence of other drivers on the roadway. Some of the most common causes of motorcycle collisions in the Roseville area include other drivers:
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Following a motorcyclist too closely
- Operating while impaired by drugs, alcohol, or over-the-counter meds
- Operating while distracted by a phones or other devices
- Improper lane changing or improper turning
In some cases, a motorcycle accident can be caused by poor roadway conditions, often the fault of municipal or state governments responsible for roadway maintenance. Additionally, if an accident was caused by defective or missing road signs, a government agency could hold responsibility for the incident.
Finally, motorcycle accidents can occur due to a defective motorcycle or a defective part on the motorcycle. In these cases, companies or manufacturers could also hold liability for the incident.
Steps to Take After a Roseville Motorcycle Accident
There are various steps injured motorcyclists can take right after a collision occurs and in the hours and days after the incident. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Ensure safety. Move to a safe location if possible and check for injuries. It’s crucial to seek medical attention immediately.
- Contact authorities. Dial 911 to report the accident. Ensure a police report is filed, as it’s vital for insurance and legal proceedings.
- Exchange details. Collect the contact and insurance information from all involved parties. Note down the other vehicles’ make, model, and license plate numbers.
- Document the scene. Take photographs of the accident site, any injuries, and vehicle damages. Gather names and contact details of witnesses.
- Seek medical care. Visit a healthcare professional, even for minor injuries. Keep a record of all medical treatments and expenses incurred as a result of the crash.
- Notify your insurer. Inform your insurance company about the accident. Refrain from admitting fault or providing detailed statements without consulting legal advice.
- Consult a legal expert. Consider engaging a lawyer specializing in motorcycle accidents in Roseville. They can offer guidance through the legal process and safeguard your rights.
- Maintain records. Keep a record of all expenses (including non-medical expenses) and losses related to the accident, including repair costs and any lost income.
- Stay off social media. Avoid discussing the accident on social media platforms, as your posts could impact legal outcomes.
How a Roseville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Will Help Secure Compensation
Motorcycle accidents can be challenging, particularly if the other party tries to place some or all of the blame on the victim of the incident. After sustaining a motorcycle accident injury caused by the negligence of another driver, your lawyer will first step in and ensure that you are evaluated by trusted medical experts who can treat your injuries and help properly calculate total expected costs.
Your Roseville motorcycle accident lawyer will simultaneously conduct a complete investigation into the incident; an investigation much more in-depth than what law enforcement officials will do. This will include obtaining all evidence needed to prove the negligence of the other driver involved.
Finally, a lawyer will handle all communication and negotiation with the insurance carriers, and they will also fully prepare your claim for trial if necessary to help you recover full compensation.
Who Can Be Held Responsible For Your Injuries?
There may be various parties who could be held liable for a motorcycle accident in Roseville, CA. There will need to be an intense investigation into the incident in order to determine which party or parties could be liable, and keep in mind that there may be more than one liable party. Some of the most likely liable parties after a motorcycle accident include the following:
- Other drivers on the roadway
- Government entities or contractors for local governments
- Motorcycle manufacturers
- Motorcycle parts manufacturers
- The motorcyclist themselves
Your attorney will gather a list of all possible liable parties based on the evidence obtained after the incident occurs. In cases where there is shared fault, an attorney will work to understand what percentage of liability each party had for the incident in order to adequately pursue compensation from the correct parties. In some cases, at-fault parties may try to shift some or all of the blame for the incident onto the injury victim in order to limit how much compensation they have to pay out. Your attorney can push back against any unfounded allegations of shared fault on your behalf.
How Much Compensation is Available for a Motorcycle Accident Claim?
There is no set amount of compensation paid out to motorcycle crash victims, as there are several factors that go into adequately calculating the proper amount.
Motorcycle crash victims in Roseville should be able to recover a wide variety of types of compensation for their losses. On the economic end of the spectrum, this includes complete coverage of all emergency and follow-up medical expenses, including prescription medications, emergency room visits, medical devices, physical therapy and rehabilitation, and more.
Additionally, if you cannot work as a result of the incident, you should be able to recover complete compensation for your lost wages. Your lawyer will fight to ensure that you receive complete coverage of all property damage expenses that you incur as well.
On the non-economic end of the spectrum, you should also receive compensation for any physical and emotional pain and suffering you endure as a result of the motorcycle crash. This includes compensation for feelings of stress, anxiety, and even PTSD.
What Types of Recoverable Damages Can You Receive?
Motorcycle accident victims in Roseville are often able to recover both economic and non-economic damages if their claim against an at-fault party is successful.
- Economic damages refer to calculable expenses a motorcycle victim will likely incur, and we can understand the scope of these losses by examining receipts and bills the victim receives after the incident. Some of the most common economic damages associated with these incidents include:
- Emergency medical expenses
- Compensation for all ongoing medical needs
- Wage replacement and loss of future earnings
- Out-of-pocket household expenses
- Property damage expenses
- Non-economic damages refer to more immeasurable losses a motorcycle accident victim will likely endure, including their physical, emotional, and psychological pain and suffering. These types of losses are more challenging to quantify, but there are several accepted methods for presenting these losses to an insurance carrier or to a jury.
There is no set amount of compensation paid to motorcycle accident victims if their claim is successful. Whether we are examining an insurance settlement or a final personal injury jury award amount, there are several factors that can influence how much a person receives. These factors include the severity of the injuries, the length of a victim’s recovery time, whether or not a person can work, shared fault implications, and insurance policy monetary limitations.
California Statutes of Limitations for Motorcycle Claims
California motorcycle accident victims must file their claims as promptly as possible. Per the state statute of limitations for personal injury claims, motorcycle crash victims have two years from the date an injury occurs to file lawsuits against the alleged negligent party or parties involved.
If an accident victim does not file a lawsuit within this two-year time frame, they will almost certainly lose the right to recover compensation, as their case will likely be dismissed. However, it is important to file your claim as soon as possible so that the insurance carriers do not delay or deny the claim. Insurance carriers have their own, often vague deadlines, so filing a claim promptly helps.
Call a Roseville Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured or sustained property damage in a motorcycle accident caused by the negligence of another driver in Roseville, reach out to Rosenthal Law immediately. We will not waste any time investigating your claim, and our goal is to make sure that you receive the necessary care to make you whole. When you need a Roseville motorcycle accident lawyer, you can contact us for a free consultation by connecting with us online or calling us at (916) 774-7200.