Sacramento Uninsured Motorist Accident Attorney
A car accident is a stressful situation. However, dealing with a car accident caused by an uninsured or underinsured motorist is overwhelming. At Rosenthal Law, our uninsured motorist accident attorneys in Sacramento help victims recover compensation from their insurers and those of liable parties.
The attorneys at Rosenthal Law are:
- Dedicated to protecting the rights of victims
- Highly-qualified personal injury attorneys
- Compassionate and client-focused
We offer a free case review and consultation. If you are too injured to visit us, we will come to your hospital room. Call Rosenthal Law today and learn more about our standard of excellence in representation.
What a Sacramento Uninsured Motorist Accident Attorney Can Do for You
Insurance companies focus on their bottom line by minimizing the payments they make on claims. At Rosenthal Law, we understand this pattern and prepare each case as if it were going to trial. Our Sacramento uninsured motorist accident attorneys are aggressive in their dealings with insurance companies.
Call Rosenthal Law and allow our attorneys to:
- Review your insurance policy and confirm whether you have the appropriate coverage for a claim
- If necessary, file a lawsuit against your insurance company
- Fight to protect your right to fair and just compensation for your injuries and losses
- Help protect you from bad faith actions by insurance adjusters like long delays, policy cancellation, or increased premiums
We have achieved successful outcomes in over 98% of our cases. Call today and let a Sacramento auto accident lawyer from Rosenthal Law begin working for you.
California Minimum Liability Insurance
An uninsured motorist is anyone who operates a motor vehicle without the minimum liability insurance required by law. California requires all drivers to carry liability insurance covering minimum amounts for property and medical expenses. However, not all drivers follow this law, and victims are left paying for their medical costs and property damages.
California’s minimum liability limits are 15/30/5. This means that an insurance policy must cover $15,000 for injuries to a single person, $30,000 for injuries to all individuals, and $5,000 for property damage in a single accident.
With such low minimum liability limits, California also has an issue with underinsured drivers. The minimum coverage for property damage is $5,000; however, that is rarely enough to cover significant property damage.
What to do After an Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist Accident
There are steps to take after an uninsured or uninsured motorist accident to protect one’s legal rights. These steps are as follows:
- Notify your own insurance company. Failure to provide notice right away could waive your rights to recovery.
- Do not make a statement or give a recorded statement.
- Contact an experienced uninsured motorist accident lawyer in Sacramento.
An uninsured motorist claim usually goes to arbitration when there is no settlement with the insurance company. Arbitration is a hearing conducted by a panel of paid legal professionals to hear the evidence and make a judgment. When an underinsured motorist is involved, a negotiation process will begin with their insurance adjuster in an attempt at settlement.
At Rosenthal Law, our uninsured motorist accident attorneys will explain the settlement and arbitration processes to you as well as each step of your claim as it progresses. Our personal injury lawyers will demand the full coverage that you are entitled to and pay for every month. Contact us in Sacramento today.