Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer
If you were injured due to the fault of another, a qualified Sacramento car accident attorney at Rosenthal Law will do what is necessary to protect your rights to compensation.
For over 25 years, our team of injury lawyers in Sacramento has provided skilled legal representation to clients who were seriously injured in motor vehicle accidents in the state of California. We will help ease your burden and reduce your stress by handling the details of your personal injury claim so you can focus on what is important — recovering from your injuries and putting your life back together.
Our Sacramento accident attorneys understand the challenges and frustrations facing the victims of car accidents and take the time to answer these questions and quickly resolve our clients’ most immediate concerns. Do not hesitate to call Rosenthal Law today and schedule your free consultation. We never charge any upfront legal fees and only get paid if and when we recover compensation for you.
Why Choose Us?
At Rosenthal Law, we are committed to providing the highest level of representation available to our clients.
- Extensive Experience: With over 25 years of comprehensive experience in personal injury law, we bring a wealth of knowledge to every case we handle.
- Full-Service Representation: As a full-service firm, we handle all aspects of your personal injury claim, including litigation, negotiation, arbitration, mediation, and trial, ensuring comprehensive support from start to finish.
- Proven Track Record: Our firm boasts a proven track record of success in both straightforward and complex claims, achieving favorable outcomes in 98% of the cases we handle.
- Commitment to Client Satisfaction: We prioritize client satisfaction by providing meticulous attention to detail throughout proceedings and maintaining regular, honest communication with our clients.
- Accommodating Your Needs: If you are hospitalized or incapacitated, we will make all necessary accommodations to ensure you receive the representation you deserve.
- Contingency Fee Basis: We operate on a contingency fee basis, offering a free initial consultation and requiring no legal fees or upfront costs. You only pay if we secure a favorable settlement or verdict on your behalf.
At Rosenthal Law, we can help you fight for the maximum possible compensation, so that you receive the damages that you require in order to make a full recovery.
Meet David Rosenthal, Your Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyer
David Rosenthal, with over 27 years of legal experience, has dedicated his career exclusively to advocating for clients who have suffered traumatic injuries due to others’ negligence or malice. Handling a wide range of cases, from car accidents to defective products, he has successfully navigated through complex legal battles against insurance companies, corporations, and other defendants to ensure justice for his clients.
For David, every client deserves justice, and achieving this involves understanding their personal experiences, empathizing with their losses, and tirelessly pursuing legal avenues to secure rightful compensation. Continuously honing his litigation skills and staying engaged with legal communities, he is committed to providing top-notch representation, reflected in his stellar ratings and memberships in esteemed legal forums.
What Our Clients Are Saying About Us
It was nice to have a trusted advisor through this experience.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I have dealt with a couple law firms before Rosenthal & Kreeger and this was, by far, the best experience.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
We were very happy with Dave and the firm.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Areas We Serve
Our Sacramento car accident attorneys at Rosenthal Law Firm proudly serve the following neighborhoods:
Arden-Arcade | Carmichael | Citrus Heights | Elk Grove | Fair Oaks | Florin | Foothill Farms | Galt | Gold River | North Highlands | Orangevale | Rancho Cordova | Rio Linda | Rosemont | Rocklin | Roseville | Folsom
Sacramento Car Accident Quick Links
- Why Hire Rosenthal Law for Your Car Accident Case?
- How Much Is My Car Accident Injury Claim Worth?
- Should I Get an Attorney After a Car Accident?
- How Much Do Car Accident Lawyers Charge?
- Am I Eligible for Compensation?
- Establishing Negligence in an Auto Accident
- California Minimum Liability Car Insurance
- Common Injuries in Car Accidents
- Causes of Car Accidents
- Types of Car Accidents
- Sacramento Car Accident Statistics
- Roads at High Risk for Car Accidents in Sacramento
- Contact a Trusted Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer Today
Why Hire Rosenthal Law for Your Car Accident Case?
Was a family member seriously injured in an auto accident? Did you suffer injuries when another driver struck your car or caused you to get into an accident? It seems that car accidents happen all the time in California. Unfortunately, many of those accidents result in serious, even catastrophic injuries. Some lead to soaring medical expenses, missed work, complicated issues with the insurance company and interference with normal life.
A car accident can have a devastating impact on your life. You deserve compensation to help aid in the recovery process. At Rosenthal Law, our Sacramento auto accident attorneys have the skill and experience to help you at the negotiating table and in court. When you work with our law firm, you get the help of accident and injury lawyers who:
- Are willing and able to take on big corporations and auto insurance companies to win tough cases for our injured clients.
- Have a 99% success rate for our injury cases, whether it be through settlement, mediation, or trial.
- Have focused on personal injury law for over two decades.
- Get to know our injured clients on a personal level. We never lose sight that we’re fighting for their rights and dignity.
Your personal injury claim doesn’t deserve just any legal representation – it deserves the best. Trust the Sacramento car accident attorneys at Rosenthal Law to handle the legal process so that you can focus on recovery.
How Much Is My Car Accident Injury Claim Worth?
Several factors are taken into account when determining car accident compensation. These include items with fixed monetary costs, called economic damages. Things that cannot be valued are known as non-economic damages.
Economic damages are as follows:
- Past and future medical bills
- Prescription drugs
- Lost wages, both past and future
- Loss of income
Non-economic damages can include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional trauma
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of quality of life
- Wrongful death expenses
In some cases, punitive damages are also available. Punitive damages are damages meant to punish bad behavior and discourage it from happening in the future. Punitive damages are rare; an experienced car accident attorney can further explain them.
Should I Get an Attorney After a Car Accident?
Anyone who is injured in a serious car crash should get immediate medical attention. Then, they should consult an experienced car accident attorney in Sacramento for legal help with a personal injury lawsuit. Car accidents cause physical and emotional pain as well as burden you with unexpected expenses. The Sacramento accident attorneys at Rosenthal Law demand compensation to make up for lost wages, pay for medical treatment, and any other unpaid bills.
At Rosenthal Law, we treat you as an individual. We listen to your needs and goals for recovery. Then, we strive to help you meet those needs in a way that feels the most satisfying to you.
The experienced car accident attorneys at Rosenthal Law also:
- Investigate the facts of your accident case in detail to identify exactly what happened and who is to blame
- Recover the accident or police report
- Identify and pursue all of the liable parties
- Seek the maximum compensation allowable under the law
- Employ expert analysis or the services of accident reconstruction specialists to help guide our investigation
- Work with experts to help us calculate the size of the financial impact of a car accident on your life
- Seek the assistance of medical experts to estimate the future costs of care and therapy for permanent disabilities
- Communicate with insurance companies on your behalf
- Work with insurance adjusters to recover the full amount of compensation you deserve
- If needed, take your accident claim to court and let a judge and jury decide
The period following a car accident is stressful. Contact Rosenthal Law and let our car accident lawyers in Sacramento help guide you through achieving physical and financial recovery. Schedule your free consultation today. We will come to your hospital room if you are unable to visit us.
How Much Do Car Accident Lawyers Charge?
While hiring a lawyer is the best chance you have at recovering compensation, the potential cost may make people hesitate. After all, accident victims often have substantial medical bills to handle, and they don’t want to add another financial concern to their lists.
At Rosenthal Law, we work on all our car accident cases on a contingency basis, meaning no upfront fees. You only pay us when we earn your injury case a successful outcome. Initial consultations are free and no-obligation, letting you learn your legal rights with financial peace of mind. And if you can’t travel to our Sacramento law offices, we can arrange a ride to and from your consultation, also free of charge.
Am I Eligible for Compensation?
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a vehicle accident in Sacramento caused by the actions of another driver, you will very likely be entitled to financial compensation. In California, any driver who causes a car accident is responsible for paying other parties for their damages in the aftermath of the incident. We understand that there is often confusion concerning whether or not a person is eligible for financial compensation, particularly if more than one party is determined to be at fault.
The good news is that California operates under a “pure comparative negligence” system. This means that even if a driver is found to be partially at fault for a crash, they can still recover compensation (even if they are up to 99% at fault). However, the total amount of compensation a person receives will be reduced based on their percentage of fault.
We bring up comparative fault so that you understand that you should pursue a claim even if you think you caused the accident. The truth is that an auto accident attorney needs to examine the facts of your case and help determine liability and how much compensation you may be owed. This is not a decision you should be making on your own because – you could be leaving money on the table if you do.
Establishing Negligence in an Auto Accident
When someone is at fault for a car accident, they become the liable party. However, to have a successful car accident claim, you’ll need to establish negligence. This includes four major components:
- The driver had a duty of reasonable care towards you. In car accidents, all motorists automatically assume a duty of care to follow the laws of the road for others’ safety. This includes pedestrians, bicyclists, motorcyclists, and other motorists.
- The negligent driver breached this duty of care by acting recklessly. Any violations of traffic laws, like running a red light, disobeying traffic signs, failing to maintain a vehicle and distracted driving can all constitute negligence.
- The negligence act caused your accident.
- The accident led to your injuries. If you had suffered any injuries before the accident, you would not be able to recover compensation for those damages in your car accident claim.
While establishing duty of care can be straightforward, proving the other critical components of fault can become a complex matter. At Rosenthal Law, our experienced Sacramento car accident lawyers have the resources to investigate your accident for evidence to establish liability.
California Minimum Liability Car Insurance
Like other states, California has laws on the minimum amount of liability insurance that all drivers should have. All motorists must have liability coverage for at least:
- $15,000 for injury or death to one person
- $30,000 for injury or death to more than one person
- $5,000 for property damage
Aside from following the law, having liability coverage is important in car accident claims. Without insurance, the at-fault driver may be personally responsible for paying any damages to the plaintiff. Because of the potentially lasting impact of car accident injuries, the final damage amount may be more than an uninsured motorist can handle.
However, even injured drivers need to hold liability insurance coverage. California law places a cap on the amount of non-economic damages (such as pain and suffering) that uninsured drivers can recover. Even when you aren’t at fault for the accident, not holding the appropriate level of insurance can reduce your total compensation amount.
Common Injuries in Car Accidents
With vehicles weighing several hundred pounds and traveling at high speeds, automobile collisions can cause substantial and severe injury. Many injuries in car wrecks are not readily apparent; therefore, it is imperative to receive a medical evaluation immediately following a car accident. Some of the more common car accident injuries include:
- Head and back injuries such as spinal cord injuries, skull fractures, herniated disks, and paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Whiplash and neck injuries resulting from a sudden and violent jerk of the neck
- Broken bones from the blunt force of a high-speed collision
- Burn injuries from fire or contact with hot car parts
- Disfiguring facial injuries and scars from impact with hard surfaces and broken glass
- Wrongful death
In addition to physical injuries, auto accident victims suffer from psychological injuries like flashbacks and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Therefore, it is imperative victims seek needed help mental as well as physical injuries.
Causes of Car Accidents
Fault for a car accident depends on its cause. Common causes of car accidents are the result of dangerous roads, mechanical failure, or driver error. If dangerous roads are at fault, government entities are sometimes financially responsible. A parts manufacturer is potentially liable for an accident resulting from a defective vehicle part.
However, the majority of accidents are due to driver negligence. Types of driver negligence that lead to car accidents:
- Texting while driving
- Distracted driving
- Unsafe lane change
- Drowsy driving
- Drunk driving
- Inclement weather
- Reckless driving
- Road rage
Types of Car Accidents
Car accidents vary. However, accidents most often seen include:
- Rear-end accidents, one of the most common types of car accidents regularly leading to chronic injuries. Contrary to what most people believe, rear-end accidents are not always the fault of the rear driver. These incidents must be thoroughly investigated in order to determine liability.
- Side-impact accidents, which occur when the side of a vehicle gets hit by another car, also known as a “t-bone” accident. Side impact collisions often occur at intersections when one driver fails to yield the right of way to oncoming traffic or when a driver fails to follow the traffic signals.
- Head-on collision accidents, frequently a fatal accident that occurs when the front-ends of two vehicles collide, often at high speeds. It is not uncommon to discover that head-on collisions were caused by drivers impaired by alcohol or drugs or drivers distracted by phones or other devices.
- Multi-vehicle accidents, more common on busy roads, intersections, and interstates, these accidents involve three or more vehicles, also known as “pile-up” accidents.
- Rollover accidents, which can occur in a wide variety of ways, including side-impact collisions, as well as cases where a driver over-corrects after making a driving error. Rollover accidents often result in catastrophic injuries for those involved.
- Single-car accidents, which can result in injuries just as serious as those that occur in multi-vehicle collisions. Single car accidents have a variety of causes. In some cases, the driver of the vehicle is at fault, but it is not uncommon for single-car crashes to be caused by the actions of other drivers or even poorly maintained roadways.
Although it is impossible to control other drivers, one can prevent some car accident injuries by taking simple precautions.
- Always wear a seatbelt
- Observe the speed limit
- Maintain one’s vehicle in good working order
Sacramento Car Accident Statistics
When we turn to data available from the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), we can see that there were more than 268,000 total vehicle collision injuries across the state during the latest reporting year. Out of these incidents, the data reveals that there were:
- 3,606 total fatalities
- 16,404 total serious injuries
Data from the OTS also helps paint a clear picture of some of the top causes of these crashes. There were 949 total fatalities and more than 27,000 injuries caused by alcohol- and drug-impaired driving. There were 1,066 fatalities caused by speed-related incidents.
Roads at High Risk for Car Accidents in Sacramento
As a busy city, Sacramento has plenty of roadways for vehicles to travel on – and plenty of drivers on the roads with the potential risk of getting in an accident. The Sacramento roadways and intersections that have the highest car crash rates include:
- Highway 99
- Los Robles Boulevard at Marysville Boulevard
- Fruitridge Road at 28th Street
- Jessie Avenue at Norwood Avenue
- Arena Boulevard at Truxel Road
These roads and intersections have accounted for numerous accidents and injuries over the past few years. Following safe practices while driving through these areas and staying alert for what other drivers are doing can help you reduce your chances of being in an accident.
Contact a Trusted Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer Today
For over 25 years, the legal team at Rosenthal Law has handled complex serious personal injury cases, including auto accidents, truck and big-rig accidents, commercial vehicle accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, boat and personal watercraft accidents, and ATV accidents in Sacramento County, CA. Some of our vehicle cases also involve product liability, such as defective vehicle design or a flawed road design that creates a dangerous condition on public property. Our experienced Sacramento auto accident lawyers know how to investigate any accident to fully evaluate and protect your rights.
At Rosenthal Law, many of our clients who have suffered serious injuries have a long road to recovery that requires full-time focus and dedication. Our personal injury law firm wants to take the burden of dealing with the legal issues off of your plate. We want you to focus on getting well and getting your life back together.
Call us at (916) 774-7200 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation. There are no risks involved in discussing your options and you pay no fees until we win your injury case. We proudly serve Sacramento County and surrounding areas, including Elk Grove, Citrus Heights, and Rocklin.