Sacramento Rear-End Accident Attorney
Drivers are responsible for knowing what is going on around them and operating their vehicles accordingly. If a driver’s negligence causes you or a loved one injuries in a rear-end collision, an experienced rear-end accident attorney in Sacramento can help you get the compensation you deserve.
At Rosenthal Law, we know not all rear-end collisions are minor accidents. Rear-end collisions can result in serious, sometimes life-altering injuries. Our attorneys are ready to:
- Guide you through the complex claims and litigation process
- Fight for your right to receive fair and just compensation
- Represent you with compassion and integrity from start to finish
Meet with our Sacramento accident attorney at no cost to discuss your claim. At Rosenthal Law, we handle all cases on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning you pay nothing unless we win. If you are injured and hospitalized, one of our attorneys will come to you.
What Can a Sacramento Rear-End Collision Attorney Do For Me?
Even if liability is evident in your rear-end collision, the insurance company will likely attempt to settle for less than your claim is worth. Insurance companies work hard to keep their clients happy, and their payouts low.
When Rosenthal Law represents you, we work hard for you and your best interests. Our rear-end collision attorneys will:
- Make sure you get needed medical care
- Collect evidence and investigate fault for the collision
- Negotiate with the insurance company for your full claim value
- If required, appear in court on your behalf.
Most rear-end collision claims settle during negotiations. However, if the insurance company refuses to negotiate a settlement, we will proceed to trial. There are time limits to file rear-end collision claims, so contact Rosenthal Law today.
Common Injuries Suffered in Rear-End Collisions
Rear-end collisions most often result in whiplash. Whiplash is a neck injury resulting from forceful movement of the neck back and forth like the motion of cracking a whip. Victims of whiplash suffer from neck pain, stiffness, and headaches.
Most whiplash symptoms resolve within a short time. However, severe cases may result in symptoms for months or years after the rear-end collision.
Other injuries caused by a rear-end collisions include:
- Concussions and traumatic brain injuries
- Herniated discs
- Broken bones
- Internal organ damage
- Burns to the face or scalp
- Facial disfigurement
Rear-End Collisions and Driver Negligence
Rear-end collisions are the most reported car accident in the United States each year. Driver negligence is the most common cause. Common types of driver negligence are the following:
- Road rage
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failure to use turn signals
- Drowsy driving
Rear-end collisions are usually the fault of the following driver. However, there are some rear-end collisions where the lead driver is at fault. These may include:
- The lead car stopped illegally
- The lead car stopped abruptly
- The lead car made a sudden lane change
- The lead car was traveling in reverse at the time of the accident
How to Prevent a Rear-End Collision
There are simple strategies to employ while driving to avoid a rear-end collision. Always stay alert and do the following:
- Allow plenty of room between you and the driver in front of you
- Keep your eyes on the road
- Brake early
- Always use your turn signal
- Use your mirrors<
At Rosenthal Law, we want you to stay safe when behind the wheel. In the unfortunate event that you or a loved one are injured, we want you to seek experienced legal advice right away. The sooner an experienced Sacramento rear-end collision attorney starts working for you, the sooner you and your loved ones can move on with your lives. Contact us today to schedule a free consult.