Roseville Uninsured/Underinsured Accidents

You are in a car accident and the other person does not have insurance. Or, at least not enough insurance to cover the losses you have incurred. At this point, you may be very frustrated because they caused the accident and should pay for your losses. In Roseville, uninsured/underinsured accidents like this, the best thing you can do is to seek out an attorney to guide you. Talk to a Sacramento car accident attorney from Rosenthal Law today.

Knowing Your Rights Under the Law

The State of California requires that all drivers maintain liability insurance. This type of insurance protects others when the policyholder causes injury or loss to them. However, not all drivers comply with this. When that happens, several specific factors exist.

You Have Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage

Most drivers carry their own policy for uninsured and underinsured drivers. This type of insurance is designed specifically for this situation. It should provide you with compensation up to the amount of coverage if you can determine the losses you have. Keep in mind that this policy is not always enough to meet all of your financial losses.

If you use this insurance policy, the insurance company will then try to recoup its losses by finding other strategies for making the at-fault driver pay.

File a Lawsuit to Recover Your Losses

If you do not have uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage, you can file a lawsuit against the at-fault party and work to recover your losses that way. This can be challenging if the person does not have any assets. However, it can mean the best route for you to recover any losses you have.

You Do Not Know the Driver

There are some situations where the driver that caused your accident took off and did not stop to provide you with their name and contact information. In this situation, you need to stay at the scene, call the police, and provide them with a description. The police will then work to find who this was using all the information they have.

Once the police report is filed, you can file a claim for uninsured/underinsured coverage through the policy you have in your name. Again, this policy is there to help cover your losses when the other driver’s coverage is not enough or when the other driver is not known. The insurance company will likely work to find this person to hold them responsible for the losses they caused.

Why You Need an Attorney in Roseville Underinsured/Uninsured Accidents

If you are involved in a Roseville underinsured/uninsured accident, having an attorney can prove to be critical. It allows you to ensure the insurance company is providing you with fair compensation while your attorney may also seek out alternative ways to recoup the losses you have.

Working with Our Team Is Easy

If you are a victim of a Roseville uninsured/underinsured accident, you have rights, and our legal team can help you. Contact Rosenthal Law now to discuss your case with a trusted accident attorney. We offer free consultations when you call us.